We spent last weekend at my in-laws. While we were there, my MIL had accidentally burned her hand while she was getting something out of the stove, and at first she put some cream (for burns) on it, but then she took that off and put mustard on it instead. She let the mustard air dry for awhile and reapplied it again and let it dry. It actually helped to heal her hand more so than the actual burn cream. Isn’t that funny?
Then later on, Andrew was coughing up phlegm; he's had this ongoing cold for almost a week. My MIL put some Vicks on him, and then she said that if you put Vicks on the bottom of feet, it makes the coughing go away. Alex had also woken up with Andrew’s cold on Sunday because they had slept in the same bed Saturday night, and she was coughing the whole way home. So Sunday night, I put Vicks on the bottoms of their feet, and I didn’t hear either of them cough at all during the night! Usually, I’d be hearing Andrew hacking. And Alex seemed perfectly fine the next morning. Andrew did start coughing a little bit again, but he said he didn’t cough at all during the night. He seems a lot better, too, after having this nagging cold.
I decided to google "vicks on feet" and "mustard for burns" and came up with a lot of results. Isn’t that weird?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment